It always seems as though the year has just flown by when it starts to get close to the holiday season. Many shoppers make the vow that they will start compiling and purchasing for their holiday gift lists earlier than the year before, in order to avoid shipping delays and issues with product availability. Sadly, even these best of intentions usually get a quick wakeup call as the fall season rolls in, and shoppers realize that they have not even begun to beat the rush.
However, this is not the worst case scenario. Even as the countdown to the holidays gets closer, there are still a number of options that can ensure that the right gifts come in, right on time. Online shopping can often be the ideal solution to beat the crowds, gather all the gifts on the list, and make sure that arrival times are not an issue. When you add package forwarding to this equation, the solution can become even better.
Package Forwarding And Consolidation
While OPAS allows for international customers to take advantage of US sales, without the worry of being in a retailer’s “no-ship” zone, we also provide several further benefits when supplying you with a US based address for your package forwarding.
- Your US address is based in Oregon, which means you are exempt from sales tax
- This address qualifies you for many retailers who would normally not ship to package forwarding services
- OPAS consolidates your orders, to save you money on bulk shipping, rather than individual rates
- Any ensuing customs fees will also be consolidated as it is based on the contents of the bulk package
This consolidation can also help to speed your receipt of gifts and packages, so that you will be able to have the peace of mind that everyone’s presents are accounted for.
Of course, even with package consolidation, it is still important to get your shopping done earlier rather than later. From our end, we do offer the following Countdown To Christmas Shopping to ensure that gifts are in before the actual holidays.
- Plan on having OPAS ship to you by or before the end of November to ensure satisfaction
- Having OPAS ship to you by the 7th of December can be cutting it a little close
- Having shipments go out by the 12th of December may not ensure pre-holiday arrival
This means that getting your initial purchases in with retailers early will let us consolidate your goods for a better send out date of the bulk shipment.
Another factor to consider is whether your payment options will be accepted by US retailers for online purchasing. OPAS works closely with US Unlocked, to also make sure that your virtual credit card has a corresponding US bank account, and this will mean less hassle in getting your presents together.
As the holiday countdown continues, it is better to be prepared on all fronts. This includes making your gift list, but also visiting OPAS to secure your US based shipping address so that your packages will get to you in time. The sooner you act, the more assurance you have of a very happy holiday.